Thursday 27 February 2014

THE ISLAND - By Aliya

The view was spectacular.  The fish swam gracefully through the turquoise shimmering sea.  The rocks are as sharp as daggers.  Minerals, glinting in the sunlight.  The waves crashed against shore.  There wasn’t a cloud to be seen.  The sky was a bluebell blue.  The wind whips my hair toward the dazzling ocean.  Salty sea water, splashes against my face.  I can hear the leaves rustling, as the trees sway side to side.  The snakes twisted, and twirled, slithered, and slid, along the soft golden sand.


Brown furry coconuts hung from the trees. The island was like a jungle just waiting to be explored.  

3 comments:

  1. Wow what great expressive writing, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aliya
    You have described a place I would like to be on a cold day like today. I really liked the line "there wasn't a cloud to be seen" - it's what I dream of. Mrs Wood :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece of writing Aliya. You opening lines are very descriptive, with well chosen words, and made me want to read on. Well done. Mr Newton

    ReplyDelete