Thursday 27 February 2014

THE ISLAND - By Holly


I see a deserted island in the middle of an ocean.  The fish are swimming in the sharp sea.  I see the wavy sea splash against the jagged rocks at the edge of the island.  I see the seagulls flying around above the sea searching for lovely fish.  The salty smell, oh that lovely smell of the deserted sea.  The sand sparkles around the island like dazzling crystals.  What is that?  In the corner of my eye I saw a fish fly fluently past me.  The trees sway side to side, it is almost like they’re breathing into my ear.  I see the shimmering sea reflect on the trees like glimmering diamonds.  I look up at the crystal clear sky.  The clouds are shaped like animals.   It is almost like I can grab one.  The tiny yellow grains of sand sieve through my toes.  The brown, hairy, juicy coconuts are up in the fresh green leaves.  Out of the corner of my eye I see a crab scuttling across the wild, west sand.  As I run across the golden grains they flick up in the air.  It is almost like sand can reach like hands to the animal clouds.  The sea is like white horses charging towards me.

2 comments:

  1. Great use of imagery Holly. I really liked your line "tiny yellow grains of sand sieve through my toes." I can't wait to read more of your writing. Mrs Wood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly wonderful writing, I felt like I could have been in your story. Love Mum

    ReplyDelete