Monday 12 August 2013

DEAR DIARY - By Cam


Dear Diary,

Today was a miserable day.  I couldn’t stand the gunshots booming, and the shells blasting causing flames.  Even though it was Christmas I was on guard duty for the night.  I didn’t get much sleep.  I heard guns going off all around me.  It was terrifying to see my friend Chris lying dead in a blood puddle caked in dry mud.  It breaks my heart to see people like that.  I hate sleeping in the filthy muddy trenches and listening to grenades in the lightning storm.  Tonight a rifle bullet woke me up at midnight.  My vision was terrible until I found out I had a broken leg.  I was in so much pain.  A German soldier was lying unconscious and weak in a dirty trench with an empty pistol lying beside him.

From Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment